May 09, 2007

Spy Chief Hints at Limits on Satellite Photos

OH! OH!  There goes sprol.com. 





They were discovering one too many things.



I had the same problem with THIS blog.   I showed NASA photos of the Ozone GAPING hole at the North Pole, a pic of a rendition flight heaving its weight around an Irish airport (SHAME!!) AND then I wanted to show pictures of EXACTLY where the US fleet was docking (or not) in the Gulf.



I was not "allowed" to post pics UNTIL I figured out a way to upload them to flickr or photobucket and bypass them that way.  No they have been "leaving me alone".



But I figure that some of the maps and charts we post (on top of posting Craig Murray's stuff) should be enough to bring n the Intelligence guyz again.



An anonymous reader writes "Vice Adm. Robert Murrett, director of the
National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, says that the increasing
availability of commercial satellite photos may require the government
to restrict distribution. 'I could certainly foresee circumstances in
which we would not want imagery to be openly disseminated of a
sensitive site of any type, whether it is here or overseas,' he said.
This would include imagery on Web sites such as Google Earth, because
the companies that supply the photos get help from the NGIA with
launches." I had never heard of this particular intelligence agency.
During the early months of the invasion of Afghanistan they bought up
all satellite imagery over that country, worldwide, in a tactic later
dubbed "checkbook shutter control."

Read more of this story at Slashdot.









Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

ShareThis