February 17, 2008

Fortune 500 board of directors overlap project- few names, many boards

Fortune 500 board of directors overlap project- few names, many boards

I’ve compiled a fair list of 30 or so names which appear to be key in linking up the BODs of many of the Fortune 500 companies as part of the work on my Fortune 500 BOD overlap project, due to the fact that most of these names crop up on 5 or more BODs. There are a few who “only” show up on 4 who I felt merited being on here for various reasons- some because they helped make connections easier. In some cases, (Charles F. Knight, for instance) combining the directorships listed on muckety and the ones listed on theyrule brings the total higher than what is apparent just through muckety alone. In a few cases, there is little basis from muckety alone for inclusion, but the theyrule data indicates that they should be considered.
As I publish the more focused in groupings which I will eventually try to get to contain as many of the Fortune 500 companies as I’m able, you’ll see some of these names crop up in more than one post, because they allow for the connections on muckety to happen most easily. You’ll recognise a lot of these names alrady from the group one post, but here they are all together (possibly with more to be added in as I continue the project) with their tie ins to company boards.

No comments:

ShareThis