Plug-In To eCycling:
- Makes it easier for you to donate or safely recycle old electronics, including TVs, computers, and cell phones; and
- Works with communities, electronics manufacturers, and retailers to promote shared responsibility for safe electronics recycling.
- Conserves natural resources. Recycling recovers valuable materials from old electronics that can be used to make new products. As a result, we reduce greenhouse gas emissions, reduce pollution, save energy, and save resources by extracting fewer raw materials from the earth.
- Protects your surroundings. Safe recycling of outdated electronics promotes sound management of toxic chemicals such as lead and mercury.
- Helps others. Donating your used electronics benefits your community by passing on ready-to-use or refurbished equipment to those who need it.
eCycle your used electronics with our Plug-In Partners:
Partners take different approaches to give you several options to eCycle. Partners' approaches may be national or regional in scope and may:
- Offer takeback, mail-in, or trade-in programs;
- Support local organizations that collect equipment;
- Host collection events at retail locations; or
- Support local recycling events with cities and municipalities.
Plug-In To eCycling is one component of EPA's Resource Conservation Challenge (RCC), a national effort to conserve natural resources and energy by managing materials more efficiently.