January 19, 2008

circulalar firing squad - more on those ROVE sought to supress

*/Allen Raymond, a former Republican National Committee operative,
shares secrets from the GOP bunker./*

Allen Raymond worked inside Republican election circles for years, until he was convicted of illegally jamming telephone lines to Democratic Party offices on Election Day in 2002. After serving five months in jail, he and co-author Ian Spiegelman wrote How to Rig An Election, Confessions of a Republican Operative. The book details Raymond's rise in GOP campaign circles; the attitude, tactics and strategies used to win; and how the RNC asked his firm to jam Democratic
phone lines, but would not defend him in court after Democrats fought back and pressed court charges. AlterNet's Steven Rosenfeld interviewed Raymond about his political education, GOP tactics and his take on the current presidential field.

More fascination at this link, This is what he has to say about going renegade on the GOP:

And I even said as much to them. I said, 'Look, you don't worry about me until it becomes a criminal investigation, and then all bets are off.'

So when our government actually came to me and asked me what happened, I told them the truth. And I didn't hesitate. I know people hate to hear this when I say this, but I was not seeking to go out and break the law. In fact, when I did it, I didn't think I had, because I had consulted an attorney. But it turns out that I did, and I accepted the consequences.



(I did find this fascinating .. and if you have a KARL ROVE grudge, this is a good place to jolly yourself. It brought up multiple scenarios of what COULD happen in the future as the criminal investigations into White House/GOP criminality continues .. )

No comments:

ShareThis