December 19, 2007

Taser file: Unbelievable but TRUE, taser parties

Dana Leigh Shafman’s shocking parties

p2pnet news | Advertising:- You’ve probably guessed from the colours that the items in the pic on the right are for women.

They look a little like the kind of deodorant containers you can buy in any store.

But they’re not!

If you stuck one of these into your armpit you’d get a really nasty shock.

Literally.

They’re $300 to $350 lady Tasers being marketed online by Dana Leigh Shafman, owner of Shieldher Inc.

On her site, “I found a device that would not only make me feel safe inside and outside my home; but it would increase the quality of my life by pacifying my daily fears,” she says, going on:

The device that I found is the TASER ® C2! I take my TASER ® C2 with me to the grocery store, the gym, my business meetings and definitely secure it on my nightstand every night! I felt that if my TASER ® C2 could do that for me, I should share it with the women in my life. In fact, I decided to share it with ALL women. Shieldher Inc was born as a result of my mission!

Canadians are still talking about the terrible incident involving a Taser pistol wielded by Royal Canadian Mounted Police officers at Vancouver International Airport.

Robert Dziekanski, a Polish immigrant Tasered by the Mounties, died in agony moments after the darts, “lethally charged with electricity, were fired into his body,” said p2pnet.

Shafman even has a video online showing her being shot in the gluteus maximus.

“That didn’t feel so good,” she says.

Not only but also, “Pack up your Tupperware, and get ready for a new kind of party,” says the Arizona Republic. Because, Shafman, “recently started sponsoring Taser parties,” says the story

But, “The Tasers come in color choices of pink, blue, silver or black,” which caused women at a Scottsdale party, “to worry that their small children might see the colored Tasers as a toy,” it says, quoting mother of two Caily Scheur as saying, “I want to protect my children from (the Taser) just as much as I want to protect myself by using it.”

“Scheur said that once the Taser enters her house, she will keep it in a locked box under her bed with the key high enough so her children cannot open the box,” adds the story, but, “some of the other women planned on telling their children what the Taser does and why it should be handled only by Mommy and Daddy”.

Shafman is also selling handy $50 cartridge packs on her website.

Meanwhile, “TASER devices are not considered firearms by the U.S. government,” says Shafman’s site, “They can be legally carried (concealed or open) without a permit required in over 40 states. Prohibited citizen use in DC, HI, MA, MI, RI, NY, NJ, WI and certain cities and counties. CT and IL legal with restrictions. Check local laws on carrying electronic control devices.AGE RESTRICTION Purchasers must be 18 years of age or older.”

AND [wait for it] “During this window of opportunity, you can leave the TASER C2 to keep the attacker incapacitated while you escape. Send TASER a copy of the police report showing you used your C2 to protect yourself, and TASER will replace your unit free of charge.”

What could be fairer?

Also See:
p2pnet - Video of man’s Taser death online, November 16, 2007
Arizona Republic - Taser parties stunning success with female clients, November 29, 2007


No comments:

ShareThis