December 03, 2007

Project Mockingbird: Anderson Cooper

Anderson Cooper: CIA Asset - CNN's anchor went to Yale, then trained with the CIA, and now he's one of their top guys

Related

The gossip-news-whatever magazine Radar has found out quite a few dirty secrets recently. The most recent one, though, is probably the most interesting: Anderson Cooper, the silver haired CNN anchor, has been outed as being a former trainee in the CIA. This may not seem like huge news since he never became a full scale agent, but perhaps it is his job to infiltrate the high levels of journalism and mold public opinion? It may be a little too much of a “conspiracy theorist” and it probably isn’t his active job, but if before the debate the CIA heads told Cooper to watch out for Ron Paul, that could explain CNN’s brash and almost obvious hatred of the constitutionalist congressman.

This may not be a big story, it may be, but either way, Cooper was involved with the CIA. I recently read Murray Rothbard’s Betrayal of the American Right, and in it he said that he knew two CIA agents in the 1970’s who said

“Once a CIA agent, always a CIA agent.”
(I’m paraphrasing a bit.)

I’m far more suspicious of Mr. Cooper now than I was, but I guess we should all be watching out for the guy who withstands hurricanes at full force.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you have read the Radar article you will see that it is dated Sept 2006 - OVER A YEAR AGO!!!! And Anderson Cooper posted a response to it on his blog dated September 6, 2006.

ladybroadoak said...

Wednesday, September 06, 2006
My summer job ... nearly 20 years ago
So an interesting thing happened today. A Web site has published an article saying that I once worked for the CIA.

CNN received a call from the Web site yesterday informing us that they were going to publish this story. They didn't have all their facts straight, and I've received some questions about it, so I decided to just write this blog post, hoping to get the facts out there.

As a college student, I had a number of summer jobs and internships, including working at the CIA. Keep in mind, we are talking about nearly 20 years ago. The Bangles "Walk Like An Egyptian" was on the radio. I was 19 years old, and like many college students was curious about a variety of careers.

There was a flyer for the CIA in my college career counseling office, and I applied for a summer job. I was a political science major and was interested in serving my country.

For a couple months over the course of two summers, I worked at the CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia. There are reporters who've been in the military, others who've interned on Capitol Hill while they were in college.

I know the CIA may sound more exotic and mysterious, but it was actually pretty bureaucratic and mundane, at least the little bit that I saw of it. By the end of the second summer, I realized it was not a place I wanted to work after college.

I've told all my employers about it over the years, but have chosen not to talk about it publicly. When I began to travel overseas to war zones as a reporter, I realized that some Jihadist might not understand that what people do for summer jobs in college doesn't mean they make a career out of it.

Oh, yeah, in case you're interested, after I graduated college, I briefly worked as a waiter, but I decided not to make a career out of that job either
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/
anderson.cooper.360/blog/archives/
2006_09_03_ac360_archive.html

ShareThis