December 10, 2007

GATA press release about campaign to wrest gold info from US

GATA press release about campaign to wrest gold info from U.S. govt.

Section:

10:45a ET Friday, December 7, 2007

Dear Friend of GATA and Gold:

GATA's international press release about the start of its campaign to compel the U.S. Federal Reserve and U.S. Treasury Department to disclose documents about the disposition of U.S. gold reserves has been posted at Business Wire here:

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/index.jsp?epi-content=NEWS_...

And at Yahoo Business here:

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/071207/20071207005120.html?.v=1

CHRIS POWELL, Secretary/Treasurer
Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee Inc.

* * *

Join GATA here:

Vancouver Resource Investment Conference
Sunday-Monday, January 20-21,2008
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
http://www.cambridgeconferences.com/

* * *

Help Keep GATA Going

GATA is a civil rights and educational organization based in the United States and tax-exempt under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. Its e-mail dispatches are free, and you can subscribe at http://www.gata.org/. GATA is grateful for financial contributions, which are federally tax-deductible in the United States.


3 comments:

Carter Apps, dabbler of stuff said...

It has been a long held belief by many that the real amount of gold in reserve is quite a bit lower than claimed. Over the years the U.S. gov, investment banks, other central banks have taken part in a huge fraud where they would loan gold to an outside entity,(which would sell it), the books however still show this gold as being part of the reserve, the borrower is still paying rent so the gold is on their books as well

Since neither the lender or borrower has the metal, that gold can represent 3 or more entries as gold stock, the original lenders, the borrowers and the buyers.

This false accounting makes the market see 3 times the amount of gold, suppressing the price, which in turn makes the U.S. dollar and allother fiat currencies look much stronger than they should.

It would not surprise me if they claimed national security or just plain lied about the gold.

ladybroadoak said...

I personally think this is most exciting. I think GATA is most exciting, actually.

I think that if something isn't done and soon, then we are going to see people bypassing the banks completely and doing their own currency exchanges.

You'd think that Canada would be in fine shape with all this gold in them their hils; I wish someone would do the same action here. I'll bet you do, too!

Ah, but Canada is just too preoccupied with doing the same ole political payoffs to pols, eh?

Wish I had the money to go to the GATA conference in Vancouver, I really do. Would be FASCINATING.

All that said, I am not a "gold" proponet, per se. I think that with the global crisis (first ever, see the blog's link, fiscal crisis), we are gonna see some very very creative solutions and very soon, or the supply of commodities is gonna just go down the tube.

Lieing! What OUR government! Isn't that what they do BEST??

Carter Apps, dabbler of stuff said...

This is irrelevant in Canada since we already know that all but 3 tonnes have been sold. However as a holder of some small amount of gold and silver I do see this as a possible advantage to my possition.

I do however think we will see some country repeg to gold in our life times. Paper money historically fails through malipulation and deceit, you can't counterfit gold and silver and as a form of "economic insurance" I think it's essential.

I may not have made a fortune "yet" but unlike my friend's, I've not taken a bath on my finacial holdings.

If paper was managed fairly I would not have gone to metals, but yes, they are all lying cheating bastards that won't protect me, so I have to.

ShareThis