Obomber and Harpo have done with nerve that which no man has done before. It was done in secret and without fanfare. The Canadian Senate has not stopped it as I had predicted it would.
The Competitive Council is probably celebrating and Obomber went to the Chamber of Commerce.
Corporatocacy is carrying the day.
GET ON THE PHONES !!
Harper signs new security perimeter deal without consulting Canadians or Parliament
Take action!Contact Prime Minister Stephen Harper today and tell him he shouldn’t sign away Canada’s sovereignty by making backroom deals without public debate or scrutiny. The security perimeter deal was signed by Prime Minster Harper without permission from the Canadian public and without approval from Parliament even though it could result in major changes to how our borders are monitored, unfair immigration policies, and the sharing of Canadians’ personal information with U.S. Homeland Security.
Go here to send your message to Prime Minister Harper today.
Here’s more about what’s new at the Council of Canadians:
- Nuclear Safety Commission approves shipment of radioactive materials through the Great Lakes
- Add your voice for social justice! Renew your Council of Canadians membership today
- Council speaks out against CETA
- Win! Kalahari Bushmen’s right to water recognized by court
- Council Vice-Chair attends World Social Forum
- Buzz about a Spring election grows louder
- Join the Council of Canadians